District Health Office (DHO), Pyuthan is the major technical and administrative unit of health in the district. DHO ensures proper delivery of preventive and curative health services through different health institutions in the district.
- To determine requirement of manpower for health institutions in the district.
- To ensure supply of drugs, equipment, instruments and other materials at different health institutions in the district.
- To ensure effective implementation of public health programs in the district.
- To manage the immediate solution of problems arising from natural disasters and epidemics in the district at different levels.
- To foster coordination with external development partners for effective delivery of resources and health services in the district.
- To systematically maintain data, statements and information regarding health services in the district, update and publish them as required.
- To identify gaps in health service delivery in the district and seek for solution.
- Supervision/Monitoring in all health institutions in the district.